Thursday, May 24, 2012

Our new diet update

Some time ago I blogged about how we were going to try the Paleo diet for Casey... I was going to try limiting carbs on myself as well. Although I do still eat a sandwich every day for lunch but that's because I don't care for the sliced turkey without bread. I might try to phase that out over the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, of course the first week we had the diet in full swing and Casey loses 10lbs in 1 week! That's so annoying! Here I've been dieting and working my butt of with workouts most days and I lost ALMOST 10lbs in a month and a half! Although I know that's GREAT so I'm not complaining too much.

Not only has Casey lost that weight but he's trimming up quickly too! Sun he went to put on a pair of shorts and they were so big on him when he pulled them up and fastened them as soon as he let go they fell all the way off! Was kinda funny, he's going to have to go clothes shopping again soon.

We've hit some pretty good milestones with this trying to eat better. Casey is feeling better (although still has a bit of infection in his lungs... We find out tomorrow if its gone) and losing the weight and inches. We really think the Carbs had a LOT to do with it. Lately he'd been complaining about how barrel chested he'd gotten and that has slimmed back down. He jokes he no longer needs a bra. Haha While I'm not hitting the huge weight loss numbers yet I expect too soon. My body is changing more then anything, I'm building muscle where fat was and clothes are fitting looser on me as well. One of the greatest things I've noticed I actually noticed today that my butt is smaller and tighter and yes I think even got a little butt lift going! See there is a swing at the park I take the kids to that I haven't been able to fit in very comfortably. It was kinda high and tight so made it hard to get my short fat butt up there. Well today I tried it and for the first time fit! I noticed that instead of it hanging a little higher then my butt was now it comes just to the bottom of my butt and its not tight at all! I actually enjoyed swinging.... For about half a minute before Eli took off running giggling and I had to chase him down! LOL Which is a nice additional workout! Ha

One of the big milestones I've hit has been the ability to jog! I take the kids for a walk/jog and I start out walking... Then I jog for a bit, then walk. Eli thinks its great fun going "faster" and giggles while I'm jogging. Its great motivation! Today I did a mile in right around 15min! My best time yet! The park is actually right across the street. But I walk around to the bridge on one side to cross the creek. The route I take to get there is half mile one way. So I come back that way to make it a full mile, so we walk/jog there. Play and then come back home. Mommy is becoming a much more active play person at the park which I love and I know Eli LOVES as well. In a few days I'll be taking my monthly pictures to see how my body has changed. I'm both excited and nervous about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment