Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We survived out first full week!

It was a week ago Monday that Casey had his surgery to remove part of his lung and the tumor that was growing there. The week after that he was in the hospital was a wirlwind of people coming and going and me going to visit Casey in the hospital. It helped that I had my younger sister stay with us for a week. While she can't be left alone with the kids for me to leave (other then a VERY short amount of time) she was a GREAT help in keeping the kids entertained and such. Friday evening Casey was able to come back home, Sunday afternoon Heather went back to Columbia MO (where she lives with our older sister). I've realized just how much help she truly was that week! Casey is helpless to help with the kids other then to keep an eye on them and call out to me if Eli is beating up his sister. But he can't lift anything and so he can't pull Eli off Willa (he likes to rough house with her and she doesn't always like it). I'm so very glad I did all that laundry the week Heather was here as we are for the most part completely caught up on the laundry. Although it took me several days to finally get a chance to fold and put away the 4 baskets of clean laundry I had stacked in our room.

So Casey is doing really well considering, he's been walking around as much as he can. The Dr's said they wanted him to walk outside as much as possible but thats near impossible with the heat. I mean if I won't let my dogs stay outside in this heat I'm sure as heck not letting my HUSBAND outside in this heat! But he does get up and move around a lot. We have had a bit of a challanging time with him being home, He's pretty self sufficant for the most part, but there are things he needs me to do for him sometimes. Also while they said he CAN sleep on his sides he CAN'T cause it still hurts where he had surgery. So that means he's sleeping on his back which means he's snoring.... A lot, and VERY loudly. Right before all this started we were meeting with an ENT about having his huge.. no HUGE (they are so large they almost completely block the back of his throat!) tonsils removed. We had hoped when we found out that he would need this surgery they could just do it all at once and have him recover from both things at once. But they wouldn't allow that, so now we have to wait till this recovery and it will probably be next year sometime before we can afford for him to miss that much of work again.

Financially we're hanging in there, people from church has been providing us with meals several times a week. So I've not had to go grocery shopping since before his surgery, one of the couples from church also gave us a gift card to target that I used to grab some extra diapers for the babies, thats what really runs our bill up at walmart.

We have really been trusting God to provide for our needs and he has been doing that, my Car has been fixed which it had started acting up just 2 days before Casey's surgery. Casey's mom and her boyfriend have given us some money to help us get by with bills. People from church have shown up with bags of groceries and some very dear friends of ours came over to bring us a gold fish that had gotten to big for their tank to put in our pond out front and gave us a card. I never open cards in front of people, I feel like that is rude. I feel it sends a message of "Oh great lets see if there's money in here!" So I typically wait till people leave, I would rather spend the time talking with them. Anyway we opened the card after they left and they had given us a rather large amount of money. I'm not going to say how much, but we are so thankful for everyone in our lives that has been coming to our aid. This has been a rough time for our family and we feel God's presence daily.

Thank you EVERYONE for all the gifts of food, time and money and of course all the prayers. I don't know how we'd survive without such great people in our lives who have stepped up to the plate to help out!

I know several of you like to know what to keep praying for so here's out weekly prayer list.
Continued quick healing for Casey.
Continued health for the rest of the family.
Rest for a very weary Momma, as mentioned above Casey is snoring a lot at night. I already have trouble falling asleep and it makes it harder, twice I've been reduced to tears at night because I just CAN'T go to sleep. Its not his fault but he feels so bad that he can't help snoring, last night he actually slept on the couch even though I said I didn't want him to do that. I would but I can't sleep on the couch either. So prayer that my ears will be blocked to the sound of his snoring (but not to the sound of the kids if they need me).

Thanks again for praying and everything else! We love every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment